There are many reasons your computer might be causing you problems. A lot of these reasons can be solved through the simple process of computer troubleshooting. Below you will find a list of basic computer troubleshooting you can go through all of these to check if it is a simple fix, or something more complex you might need to contact OneTouchIT to fix the problem if it still persists.
Basic Computer Troubleshooting
Before you immediately contact OneTouchIT for an issue such as, “My computer is running slow, how do I fix it?” see if you can fix it with a list of basic computer troubleshooting.
- Restart – The first thing you try anything else, restart your computer. If your computer has gone a while without a proper restart, sometimes this can fix any issues you may be having.
- Check for Windows Update – If Windows has not been updated in awhile, do a quick check and see if it needs an update in your settings. If you come across a Windows update, run the update. After that give your computer a restart. The problem could be resolved after doing that.
- Free Hard Drive Space – Occasionally, if you are running low on hard drive space this can cause you computer to run slow, or even freeze up. Try freeing up some space on your hard drive to make more room for temporary files.
- Scan for malware/viruses – If you have an antivirus software installed on your computer run it to check for malware/viruses that could be the cause of your computer trouble.
- Update Drivers – Check to see if your drivers need to be updated. If your drivers need to be updated, especially video drivers, this can cause many issues including a slow performance.
- Computer Upgrades – If you are running an older computer you may want to consider upgrading certain aspects of your computer, such as memory or processor speed to improve performance.